Mini Apron Swap Meme

1. What is your first food memory?
I remember loving brussel sprouts as a child. My mom was not much of a cook though. I remember her making them in the microwave with butter for me all the time.
2. What was your favorite dish/food as a child?
I have no idea what my favorite food was except for those darn brussel sprouts! :)
3. Name one of your mini's favorite foods:
Canaan is a hummus man. Hummus and chips or hummus and veggies all day long!
4. What was your mini's first solid food? Did they love it or hate it? Besides rice cereal which he liked, we went to Papua New Guinea for 5 weeks when he was 5 months old. While in one of the tribes he had "kau kau" which is their equivelent to sweet potato. He loved it!
5. What was something you were excited to make for your mini for the first time? Canaan's first birthday cake was fun to make. I was very anal about keeping him off sugar, etc... when he was starting out. I researched and made a banana cake with all natural-no sugar or dairy. He loved it!
6. What is your favorite food memory?
My favorite food memory....oh man there are so many! One of my favorites is at a great little restaurant in Montreal on my husband and my honeymoon. It was super late on our first night there and we sat outside on the verandah overlooking the city. I got a simple olive oil and garlic angel hair pasta with a glass of red wine. It was so simple yet so delicious and memorable.
7. Your mini's birthday party : All out theme with perfect kid food ala Martha? or Quiet family home party with scrumptious cupcakes? Something in-between? Definately the quiet family event. Canaan shuns away from too much attention on himself. He loves family time so thats what we do! We try to keep the day focused on him and on having fun doing what he wants to do.
8. Name one thing you absolutely love to make and eat when you are feeling like a kid again: I have heard that when you are an only child (like I am) it is harder to remember your childhood. This must be true b/c I just don't have alot of childhood memories including those fuzzy warm "feel like a child" foods,etc.... I do love Donatos Pizza which originated in Columbus Ohio (where I am from). Now they are in many States but when I eat it I always think of Columbus and watching the Buckeyes play football!
9. Name something you ate as a kid that you now look back on and wonder "what were my childhood taste buds thinking??" : Again...the brussel sprouts!
10. Name 3 things your mini loves (doesn't have to be food related):

Playing guitar
Cooking in the kitchen with me!
David Crowder Band (and music in general)