Thanksgiving Day Menu 2011


Thanksgiving Day Menu 2011
** For a free PDF print out of this years recipes and cooking timeline, sign up in the right sidebar as a subscriber. I will be sending it out in a week or so.
photo courtesy of Martha Stewart










Appetizer - I'm not one for planning for a bunch of finger foods prior to the meal. But let's be honest, its always nice to have a little plate of something to munch on and a festive drink in hand while making the final preparations! I love this idea from The Kitchn for a modern twist on the old relish try (my husband continually gets freaked out by the term "relish tray". Do you call it that? Is it just an Ohio thing?)
Winter Sangria (you could serve this hot or cold. I'm thinking of using dates and pears in place of the figs and raisins. It seems like a pretty easy recipe to play with.)

The Meal
Perfect Roast Turkey (This recipe from Ina Garten is my go-to turkey recipe. No messing with brining, long cooking times or special spices. This is a recipe that turns out a perfectly delicious turkey year after year.)
The Best Gravy Ever (another Barefoot Contessa recipe that is a standard at our table)
Balsamic Roasted Sweet Potatoes ~ can be found in the winter issue of Cuisine at Home
Sauteed Green Beans I love this recipe...read on down and see all of the unique flavor combinations
Corn Casserole If you are going to splurge on a buttery casserole, Paula Deen's recipes are the way to go.
Maple Oat Dinner Rolls (these puppies are delicious)
Jellied Cranberry Zinfandel Sauce ~ this too can be found in the winter issue of Cuisine at Home. A similar recipe on Epicurious could be used, substituting the water for Zinfandel.
  




























The Dessert
Pecan Bourbon and Butterscotch Bread Pudding (my husband is crazy for bread pudding so I am winning lots of brownie points with this recipe)
*buy a yummy, store bought ice cream to go with both. Or of course, you can always make your own. Check the recipe tab up top for my Butternut Squash Ice Cream with a Maple Swirl recipe~

Hope this helps give you some fresh ideas for your own Thanksgiving meal this year. Leave me a comment and let me know what you'll be whipping up too...